1. Pigtails. See?
2. Hadley feeds herself--and us. After her "regular" meals, which we feed her with a spoon, she gets puffs--and she loves them, so much that she likes to share with her parents. Very kind of her, especially when she offers up one that she hasn't removed from her mouth.
"I'm softening this one up for you, Mom. Get ready!"
(Note: We are on the hunt for big bibs. Whoever makes these dinky things we're currently using obviously has never tried to feed Hadley. If you find a store that sells big bibs, post a comment...and be the most beloved reader for a whole day.)
3. Reading. Hadley has a new hobby: pulling the books off the bookshelf and thumbing through them, while she makes a funny little humming noise. I think she thinks she's reading to herself.
"Hmmmmm, hmmmmmm, hmmmmmm..."
4. Playing peek-a-boo. For months, we've been hiding our faces behind blankets and then popping out and saying, "Peek-a-boo!" Now, Hadley grabs her blankie and covers her face. She waits for us to say, "Where's Hadley?" and then--as fast as she can--she pulls the blanket down to reveal her grinning face. We do this about 25 times a day.
5. Dancing. When Hadley hears music, she does this Stevie Wonder-inspired move with her head while she bounces up and down. Best of all, she does the same dance whether we're listening to classical music or singing "The Gangoo Song." We'll have to work on that.
This is not her dancing shot. We haven't captured one yet. But I love her expression. "Who me? Dance? No way."
6. Walking. Jason called me at work one day when he was home with Hadley and mentioned that she was pushing her musical table around the living room by walking behind it. Thing is, the musical table is supposed to be stationary. Hm. So we bought her a new walk-behind toy. She digs it. See?
So that's all for now. Tune in next week for another round of simple joys that make us feel...happy with Hadley.